Friday, May 13, 2011

The Soap That Started It All...

Once upon a time, I lacked a creative outlet. I had always assumed that since I could not paint, draw, sing or sculpt that I was simply not an artistic or creative person. I have always enjoyed baking, but is that really considered to be creative? You bake something delicious, make it look pretty, and before you know it it ends up in someone's belly! Even if you do manage to get creative with it, it has quite a small window of appreciation.

I've been encouraged to open a bakery, but the shelf life of baked goods has always discouraged me. It happened by chance one day that I was searching cupcake images online for inspiration, when I stumbled upon cupcakes made of soap! One thing led to another, and soon the creative juices were flowing and ideas were popping into my head like never before.

These are my very first two soaps that I created. They're not my most creative, but they will always be my favorites because they were my firsts :)


Camellia Lemongrass


Cucumber Melon

I am aware that these are not the cupcake style that first inspired me, but I have found that I prefer the classic loaf style mold much more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment