Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Introducing... Oatmeal Lavender Soap!

Another successful soap! I find it quite exciting to test out the first bar of a new soap! You have to wait soooo long for it to cure, it is definitely some delayed gratification. The one that I tested out today is my Lavender Oatmeal Soap, and as the name implies it contains oatmeal and lavender :)

There is finely ground oatmeal and whole lavender buds throughout the soap, and I added a layer of lavender buds to the top for some visual interest. It smells divine, and I credit that to the lavender-infused olive oil that I infused myself over a weekend in preparation for this soap.

The oatmeal and lavender buds give it a great, somewhat coarse exfoliating quality. I was pleasantly surprised at the bubble factor, it began to lather just being held under the shower.


Lavender Oatmeal Soap


Freshly cut soap bars.


These are mini bars that I pour as sample sizes.

After trying out this soap, I can't wait to test out my next soap, Rose Olive Soap, which should be ready this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment